As part of your build process, you want to post artifacts to Slack for easier access for your team. Although it is not possible to send a file via the Slack Step directly, you CAN send a link pointing to a file that can be downloaded from Slack.
- Add the Send a Slack Message Step to your Workflow
- Generate an artifact as an HTML file.
- In the Step, find the Text of the Message to Send input.
- Add the HTML link: you can add it either directly to the input or create an Environment Variable with the link as its value and use the variable in the input.
- Depending on any privacy settings you have set up for the link, your users can access it via Slack.