One of the Bitrise Steps comes close to doing what I want, but I'd like to tweak something. How do I change a Step's behavior beyond the options presented in the Workflow Editor?
Bitrise and all of its Steps are open source! You can fork any Step, make changes to it, and import the Step to your Workflow. Here's how you do it.
- Find the Step you want to fork on the Bitrise Integrations Page (or in the Workflow Editor).
- On the Step's page, you'll find a Github Source button. Click that.
- On the Step's Github page, click the Fork button.
- Clone your forked repo and make any necessary changes.
Be sure to take a look at the step.yml file. You'll want to make some changes here related to your fork. At the bare minimum you should update the title and description.
- Push your changes to the forked repo on Github.
- Add the Step to your workflow using the bitrise.yml file. The format will look similar to the following:
- git::<Your Github Repo URL>.git:
title: "<Your Step Title>"
- Do a test run of your Workflow using the new Step.
- Create Your Own Step
- Testing and Versioning Your Steps
- Sharing Steps with all Bitrise Users
- Verified Steps